profile | tagboard | quotes | fanlistings | site | entries

Yami at ReCon
Sunday, April 06, 2008 @ 2:26 AM

mood: amused
listening to: none

I couldn't sleep. My insomia is attacking me as usual. From what I recall, I didn't consume much sweets today. I lay in bed, wondering why I couldn't go to sleep. I decided to use the net and went through blogs, and here's what I saw!



Yami: How about you? Who have you come as?
Boy dressed as Rock Lee: I'm Rock Lee.
Yami: Rock Lee. From--from what show?
BdaRL: Naruto.
Yami: Never heard of it!
BdaRL: *laughs*
Yami: Does that involve card games?
BdaRL: No.
Yami: Oh. That's the same show she had.
[Deidara and the boy before.. is a he. LOL]
Yami: Do you have ninja info cards?
I love it when Yami the plushie goes around and comments on random stuff.
LittleKuriboh went to the ReCon with his fiancé Safty (she's dressed as Ryo Bakura) and they went with Yami [the plushie]! In this video, LittleKuriboh does his versatile dubbing using Dan Green's voice acting-- which I absolutely love. Yami goes around asking cosplayers some random stuff. There are a lot of Naruto cosplayers by the way. The humor behind this is, for those who doesn't watch anime abridged series, that fans seem to think that the Naruto Abridged series rivals that of Yu-gi-oh the Abridged series. [YGOAS is the first of the now booming anime abridged series. It was made by Little Kuriboh. I'm not being biased about that fact since I did watch NAS before I discovered YGOAS.] In my humble opinion, I think YGOAS is better than the NAS since the voices (dubbed by LK) are so similar to the original American dubbers that you'd get this amused feeling that what you're watching is real down to its comedic sense! It has certainly fulfilled the fantasies of fans [like me] that would like Yu-gi-oh to be more humorous.

That and to *coughmakefunoftheseriousnessofplayingchildren'scardgamescough*. ^^'

So anyway, it gets me thinking-- if I were to go to anime cons (I've been wishing to), I wonder who I'll come as. Given the chance [with available and affordable costumes and props], I'd probably dress as Haruno Sakura from Naruto or Amane Misa from DeathNote or Tifa Lockheart from FF7 or Misty from Pokémon or Higurashi Kagome from Inu Yasha or Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic or Yuuki Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi or Mikage Aya from Ayashi no Ceres or Kinomoto Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura [just coz I love the clothes she wears made by Tomoyo] or Mazaki Anzu from Yu-gi-oh or Honda Touru from Fruits Basket or... well, I can't name them all! LOL I just brainstormed a bit. So there. I doubt I'll be able to do it though, what with school and other stuff. Besides, I might be too old before I get the chance. I'd rather have my costume and do pictorials on my own then put it up on deviantart.

The reason why I couldn't go to sleep yet was probably because I'm destined to watch this so that I would be in a good mood before sleeping.. yeah. I just love exaggerating. I hope I dream about Yami. LOL

"Haha. Moo."

One last thing: I want a Yami plushie so baaad! The only plushies (if it could be called that) I have are Clefairy-turning-pokéball and a Clefa. I had it years ago. I want a.. er.. human character plushie. There goes my birthday wish. LOL

Labels: , , ,

I want to stop wondering "what-ifs".
I need to know "what is".

.